Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Oh! A Blog!

So I'm trying to encourage a friend of mine to start a blog or a Twitter or both. 

He's terribly clever, and he should write all of his clever in a place where others can see how clever he is, because let's face it, the man is damn clever. 

Look, okay, don't you get it, he's like totally clever.

But in doing so I was like "Wait didn't I used to do blog things? Aren't I clever enough for the blogging?" 

Sure, I am. 

I've tried this before. I've tried to have blogs with themes and things and tried to make review blogs and, and sometimes I blogged for school back when that was a thing that I did. 

And I had a Livejournal once upon a time that I updated with all of my feelings, because when you're young, feelings are super important and you're not an adult who's like "Pft. Who has time for feelings when rent is due on Friday and you're out of sanitary pads and you owe a lot of money to credit cards and also work is eating you alive. There's no time in my life for feelings." 

Also Livejournal is pretty Russian now, and we've all migrated to Tumblr and are lost in a typhoon of Chris Evans .gifs (hard G people) and SOCIAL JUSTICE. 

So I've had this Blogspot blog just kind of lying around collecting dust and I thought "oh right this is a thing that exists and maybe I should make use of it." 

So here I am making use of this thing that exists. 

One time when I was really young and the internet was shiny and new, I had a Deadjournal. Maybe that still exists too. Who knows. 

The point is, blogging and I can do that. See? I'm doing it right now. It's just like riding a bike, which by the way I can't do that anymore. The last time I was on a bike I fell off, and I felt so depressed about it I cried, and my brother, who is King of the Cyclists, was like "Leigh. Seriously, it's okay. Just- just try again." 

I did. But I failed again. I'm just not meant for bike riding. Walking, I can do. I do a lot of walking. bicycles are evil. They're like...two evil wheels and evil handlebars. It's funny though, because when you're a kid and you learn to ride a bike (first the trike, then the bike with the training wheels, then a grown-ass person's bike), you feel so proud, even though it's kind of boring. Like, you're just riding around in your neighborhood and back in my day (*shakes cane*) there were no Mp3 players or Ipods or smart phones that you could put into your bike basket and listen to while you rode. That would have made bike riding way better.

Not that that's a good idea, because who are we kidding, you put your ear buds in and then you don't hear the car coming up behind you and then you're a pavement pancake.

That feels like a metaphor for life. 

Eh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment